The Degree is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 2nd, 2013)
Operating under a joint partnership, Babes-Bolyai University and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy are the first institutions to offer a Master of Arts degree program that will educate students from around the world in several academic disciplines related to International Economics, International Relations, and Cultural Diplomacy.
The Key Objectives of the program are:
• To provide students with an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of International Relations, International Economics and Cultural Diplomacy, as well as the basics and foundations of how the fields work together
• To explore the historic and recent developments in International Economics and Cultural Diplomacy and prepare students for future developments in the evolving globale conomy
• To educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural pillars upon which sustainable international relations are based
• To analyze soft power and hard power strategies within the international relations and economics discourse in the recognition that each element is mutually important and compatible in what Prof. Joseph Nye has characterized as “smart power.”
• To analyze the developments in the field of Cultural Diplomacy and create and apply strategies of how Cultural Diplomacy can further influence, support, and strengthen the activity of the private sector and global governance
• To enable students to develop successful project, supplying the practice of Cultural Diplomacy and International Economics
• To analyze the strategic and ethical foundations of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs and corporate philanthropy with regards to Cultural Diplomacy
The Benefits of the Program are:
• The program offers students a core curriculum in international relations and international business education, preparing the future leaders of tomorrow for the leadership, marketing, and strategic skills they will need to build careers in economics or business.
• Students will have access to an expert Faculty with experience in international economics and diplomacy, and will acquire knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in a changing global order.
• Students will obtain an expertise in Cultural Diplomacy, currently an underutilized but increasingly significant business and international relations tool.
• The curriculum and Faculty prepare graduates for careers in academia, economic governance, advocacy, international relations and all branches of the international private sector.
• Students will be uniquely situated to create and implement their own programs of Corporate Cultural Diplomacy.
• The program will allow students to study with distinguished and renowned faculties from around the world, enabling contacts with experts in organization saffiliated with international business and economics.
• Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the economics arena compared to students who simply obtain an MA in International Economics or International Affairs
• During the “Professional Training” semester of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy.
• Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia, business, and all public and private international sectors.