The Degree is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 2nd, 2013)
Operating under a joint partnership, Babes-Bolyai University and the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy are the first institutions to offer a Master of Arts degree program that will educate students from around the world in several academic disciplines related to International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy.
The Key Objectives of the program are:
• To provide students with an in depth understanding of the theory and practice of international relations within the contemporary interdependent world placing a particular emphasis on cultural diplomacy within this framework
• To educate students about cultural diplomacy within the context of the political, economic and cultural pillars upon which sustainable international relations are based.
• To analyze soft power and hard power strategies within the international relations discourse.
• To examine contemporary obstacles to peaceful international relations using historical and modern case studies, while considering how cultural diplomacy can be used to mitigate tension and conflict in the international community.
• To equip students with the relevant skill sets and knowledge required to embark on a career in the highly competitive international arena.
• To provoke individual thought and reflection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of cultural diplomacy.
The main benefits of this MA program are:
• The program offers students a core curriculum of International Relations, which will prepare the student for a vast array of career opportunities across the world.
• Students will have access to an expert faculty with experience in international politics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global order.
• Students will obtain an expertise in cultural diplomacy which is currently a rare yet rapidly increasing and important field within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
• Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the political arena against students who simply obtain an MA in international relations.
• During the “Professional Training” semester of the MA students will be able to create and implement their own programs of cultural diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
• Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia and all public and private international sectors.
• Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field including various Heads of State, Ministers, and CEOs.